Before we move onto what has changed in this week’s two patches, I want to briefly talk about the reports of cheating within our game. Before we moved to early access, our core focus was on adding all the needed systems into the game. Now that this is mostly complete, we are focused on optimizing performance, and increasing security to ensure everyone plays fair.
This is not a simple task, as tackling cheaters is a constant battle, but we are confident that over the coming weeks and months we can implement new measures to make it harder to cheat in the game. This week alone we closed two major holes that allowed current cheats access to the game, and as we move further through Early Access we will continue to track down and further secure the game from those that don’t want to play fair.
As with all games, talk of cheating is discouraged and will be removed from our public facing community forums, not to try to hide it from players, but rather to ensure that those that cheat get no exposure to the public, which is something most of them desire! We hope you understand this point, and bear with us as we work to clean up the game.
Finally, in case you missed our announcement on Twitter, we have identified the cause of lag seen on the servers lately and are working on getting it resolved. This issue is not an easy fix, as it involves changes to the core engine code, and will take us some time to complete. We have no ETA on when this will be resolved just yet, so we ask for your patience while we fix the problem.
Now onto what we have updated. These patch notes cover both updates pushed during this week.
This patch will be deployed for both clients and servers Thursday, April 13, 5PM KST/1AM PDT/8AM UTC and is expected to take approx. 1 hour to complete.
- Fixed configuration files (ini) so that it cannot be used to hide trees, grass, etc.
- Prevented adjusting the FOV by changing the game settings file (ini).
- FOV will be adjustable from the settings menu in-game in a future update.
- Fixed an issue with door sounds playing at low volume
- Adjusted volume of wind, rain, and footsteps
- Improved the sounds for the buggy
- When in rainy weather, you will now sporadically hear thunder sounds
- Added more support for non-standard aspect ratios. The game will now display at the correct FOV on aspect ratios ranging from 4:3 to 21:9. Multi-monitor environments such as Eyefinity are not recommended at this time.
- Fixed an issue with the compass direction not displaying correctly