In case you missed it last week, due to complications with a client crash bug last week, we need to push the monthly update to the 3rd of August. We will, however, have a small patch this week, which will mainly address bugs you have reported. We are also working on resolving the issues seen on the servers over the past week and we ask for your patience as we get them fixed.
Early Access – Week 18 – Patch Notes
- Fixed a bug where characters got stuck in doors after partially destroying them
- Fixed a bug causing the door Interaction UI to appear even after doors were completely destroyed
- You can now use consumables while browsing the inventory during a reload
- Fixed a bug where characters could not pick up items while running despite seeing the looting animation
- Fixed a bug where characters would shake in spectator mode while running
On August 3rd, we will be adding the following to the game in our monthly update.
- 1st Person server options are coming to NA and EU SOLO & DUO game-modes
- FOV Slider for the 1st person view will be added to the game
- A new rifle will be added to the game
Today I also want to talk about character customization, our plans for Gamescom this year.
We’re aware that many of you want new in-game skins to further customize your character. While we won’t be rolling out the full system until we move out of early access, we would like to provide more content as well as test the basic crate & key system we want to implement in the final version of the game.
On August 3rd, we will be launching three new crates. All three crates will contain items inspired by the Battle Royale movie, some of which you may have seen in our older artworks. The first and second crates, named the Wanderer Crate and the Survivor Crate, will be free to open. Each of these crates will include one set of the themed clothing, on top of other cosmetic items. The third crate named the Gamescom Invitational Crate will have the most diverse pool of themed clothing.
At Gamescom this year we will be holding our first offline Invitational. We will be inviting a group of the best BATTLEGROUNDS content creators, and run events each day for the duration of the convention. We will also be holding daily qualifiers so attendees at Gamescom will get a chance to compete in the GAMESCOM PUBG INVITATIONAL!
We have implemented a very basic key and crate system for this test. You can use your Battle Points (BP) to buy the crate on the REWARDS page. While the Wanderer Crate and the Survivor Crate will be free to open, the Gamescom Invitational Crate can be opened with a key which you can buy for $2.50 each.
Proceeds from the sale of the keys to open the Gamescom Invitational Crate will be used:
- To provide funds needed to organize the event
- To provide a prize pool for the invitational winners
- To support a selection of charities
Once Gamescom is complete, on August 27th, the Gamescom Invitational Crate will be no longer available and removed from the game. We will then return to the free-to-open system. The Gamescom Invitational Crate, Wanderer Crate and Survivor Crate will be tradeable on the Steam Community Market going forward. Keys for a Gamescom Invitational Crate purchased on the Steam Community Market will still be available to purchase in-game.
The GAMESCOM PUBG INVITATIONAL will be livestreamed on official PUBG channels. Stay tuned on Facebook and Twitter for more details over the coming weeks!
Before I go today, here’s a look at movie inspired cosmetic items coming in these 3 new crates: